Thursday, June 04, 2009

Seriously sleep deprived

But I think we are finding a schedule of sorts!

Ok so just to keep everyone up to date, we went to the peditrician on Monday. Nathan was a little jaundiced and weighed in at 5 pounds 5.5 ounces. He was supposed to get circumcised in the hospital but his urethral opening was more on top of the penis than the tip so the midwife didn't feel comfortable doing it. So we got a referral to a urologist. We went to the urologist Wednesday morning at 8:00 AM!!!!! I was dying. But since Nathan isn't officially registered on our insurance so they wanted to wait or else it was a $168 consultation fee. Needless to say I had my first meltdown. I was just so tired I couldn't deal with it. So now we are considering not circumcising him. All the signs are pointing to not doing it.

Feeding is going well. He likes to eat but we are still have a few problems with him falling asleep. I have to keep tickling him to kep him awake and eating. We finally have some sort of nighttime schedule down. We go to bed and get about 2.5 - 3 hours before he wakes up to eat. Then another 2 hours, eat, another 2 hours. It's hard to feel rested when your sleep comes in 2 hour intervals. I haven't figured out how to get him to sleep in the bassinet. Right now he is sleeping with me in the crook of my arm. This means not only am I not sleeping deeply, but I also don't move for over two hours. I get a little cramped! But he sleeps very well like that. I had no intention of co sleeping, but right now it's whatever works.

So that's the scoop poop. We are having a few issues with him peeing out of his diaper. He'll be laying on you and bam! pee everywhere. His diapers are a little big but we have to remember to properly point the penis. Funny.


Here is Nathan in the vibrating bouncy chair. He will stay here for about 30 minutes.






















But he will sleep in his car seat. It's probably not the best thing, but hey, we get what we can take.

No comments: