Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Stupid is as Stupid does

So I wouldn't normally admit to agreeing with David, but our childbirth class IS STUPID! There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. We watched a c-section video today. I think she was expecting that we would be grossed out by it. It was just a video. And the people in it were idiots! Whatever. And she kept quizzing us on various things but she talks so softly you can't really hear her. So we head over to the hospital for a tour, and as we are waiting outside for her to arrive I am talking to the over 5 couples that are in the class. It's us, another older couple, two couples that are probably in their early 20's and 2 women with their mom's that are maybe 19-20. They are all amazed that I am going to try and go without an epidural. They all act like it's the freakiest thing they have ever heard of. Now, I don't really care if someone gets an epidural or not, it's their decision, but it seems a little depressing to me that it never occurred to them NOT to get the epidural. You know, after 10 weeks of getting progesterone in oil shots in the ass, not to mention all the shots I took in the belly, I could totally do without more needles. Maybe I am just being strange about the whole thing.

On a lighter note, today I totally cleaned the house, and went to the store. So we are living clean and we have food! asssssssssssssssssssssssszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
z

I'm going to go ahead and leave that random string of letters because Gizmo is feeling so unloved that she had to go put her head on the keyboard in hopes that I would pet her. That string of letters is what she had to say.










I don't think Nathan will be arriving any time this week. I could be wrong but I don't really feel like he's ready yet He seems to be content to be inside creating havoc with my internal organs.

So in closing, I am not sure that we will be attending the final childbirth class. I have gotten nothing out of it that I was looking for. Frankly, I am seriously disappointed.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

are you practicing the heart math with the doda? Breathing always helps:) green zone man, it's cool!!