Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Don't even get me started!

Yeah, I had to totally put the hammer on someone today. It was not fun. I know that I don't want to be an administrator but sometimes I have to even be grouchy with people in my department. This is going to be a teacher rant, so feel free to disregard.

We are in the process of trying to complete common assessments. I have people in my department that think they are God's gift so they don't need to work with anyone, other people don't know if they are coming or going, another who acts like he will do what you ask, then doesn't do anything, and one who just doesn't understand why we should be so concerned with the standards and the test. So you can imagine how much fun my bi-monthly meetings are. Oh, don't forget the SPED teacher who is the biggest fucking redneck in the building. She thinks it's funny to mention how much it cost to get pregnant to me every time she sees me. Fucking hilarious.

So lets focus on one teacher I'm gonna call Mr. H. He is a transfer from GMS, and he told me that he wanted to transfer to a high school to try it out. I thought he would be a good match at first, but he started bucking the system in January. Anyways, I always send my department a schedule of meetings for the entire 9 weeks on Outlook. They just have to accept the meeting and it will appear on their calendar and send them reminders. He never clicked accept. He missed two meetings in a row so I sent him a nice reminder with some happy words about how I needed everyone's participation as we moved forward with common assessments. I also put in there that our next meeting was April 28th so plan to be there. Well, he neglected to attend the meeting AGAIN today. So I consulted with the assistant principal, well Karen, and we decided that I should email him again and CC the principal. I went and told Mr. Diggs what I was planning and he agreed. So I sent a NOT friendly email about how meetings are not optional. Then Mr. Digss wrote him a REALLY not friendly email about how if he couldn't meet the requirements of our school, he should start looking for another school that would require less of him. Whoa nelly. Should be interesting at the next meeting. Mr. H is more concerned with us creating well rounded students than teaching the state standards. The problem with that is the current 9th graders will have to pass the SBA in order to graduate. So we have to do everything possible to give these kids a chance in hell of passing the test. That's my teacher rant of the day.

So we only have 3.5 weeks left of school! I have a school shower this week and a David family luncheon on Saturday. I do love presents, but that does require thank you cards! I should have bought some forever stamps since the prince goes up May 1st I think.

Gizmo is being so needy lately. This morning she just sat and stared at me as I ate breakfast. She wanted some love but she was so far away. When I was eating dinner she was head butting me. Now she is sitting on my legs waiting for me to pet her. Silly cat.

Ok, I think I am done for now.

No comments: