Monday, March 09, 2009

Connundrum

I went for my massage today. It was so awesome. I love Roberta. Turns out the reason that I am having such pain is I have a huge knot under my shoulder blade. She tried to get it out but she did manage to loosen it a bit. Maybe going back on the calcium will help.

I had a good day of doing not much. I got up and went to do the glucose test. The drink wasn't too bad but after I chugged it I wanted to puke. That feeling lasted about 30 minutes. The blood draw was nothing since I have such huge veins. You would have to be blind to not get a good stick.

I am looking for resources on how to manage pain during birth. I ordered Ina May's Guide to Childbirth, but it's mostly stories. I need actual strategies to use in birth. I am aiming for a so called "natural birth". I know it's going to be hard, but that's what I would like. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

marianne said...

Hi,
I Sweden the Lamaze method is getting popular again (focus on breathing) thats what we used in the 70`s you need to have something to concentrate on when the pain gets like nothing you ever felt before ....

Indylex said...

We are supposed to start a class next month. Hopefully it has some good information!