Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ohhh, I got in trouble!

I know, it's hard to believe. But hey it happens sometimes.

We had a mentor meeting this afternoon from 4:15 to 6:15. A couple of us from work went to the meeting and sat together. This apparently was our first mistake. We are not always well behaved when we are together in meetings. Especially when the meetings are just plain silly. But to be honest we weren't really THAT bad today. Just a little antsy.

So after the meeting the lady running it (a former elementary principal) came over and read us the riot act about our behavior, the faces we (me) make and how if we aren't really invested then we need to leave. I do feel bad for her (no mom I really do) but seriously, you used to be a principal and you can't handle 5 secondary teachers? I have been a mentor several times before and I have been through the training three times. It's the same crap each and every time! Needless to say I am still feeling a bit grouchy about the whole thing. I am not sure if I would try and resolve through email, call her or just let it go. I tried to tell her it's not personal, that we are goofy in all meetings, that I make faces constantly without meaning too, that we wouldn't be there if we were invested, but she was on a roll. I don't know. It's strange. I hate conflict and I don't much like it when people are mad at me. But at the same time I can't stand it when people take themselves so seriously they can't get over something.

She asked us what we would do if we had kids in class that were acting like us. I would stop what I was doing, pointedly say something and move on. If she was so disturbed, she could have done that.

I don't know what to feel. I'm irritated that I can't let this go. I am irritated that I spent the ENTIRE day in meetings. I'm irritated that I have to go to meetings and people actually expect you to sit there just ENTHRALLED with what they are saying. Seriously, doesn't happen. I sit in at least three meetings a week, sometimes more. Everyone thinks that what they have to say is the most important thing ever. Sometimes it's mildly interesting, mostly it's just crap. And the mentor training is just crap. It's that whole "Lets share our feelings" kinda crap. I don't want to do that. I don't even like my mentee. And don't get me started on the fact they haven't even paid us for last semester! Urgh, I am letting it go now...

No comments: