Monday, November 24, 2008

I know what she means!

I love to read dooce for many reasons. She is freaking hilarious, especially the blog about taking Coco to herd sheep, but also for my Daily Chuck. She just announced her pregnancy (EDD June 14th, wonderful day!) and her post today is about how food is just so good. I can totally understand that. At first I couldn't get enough spaghetti sauce, it was the most delicious thing ever. Now I have moved on to OJ. It's the only thing that gets me out of bed some mornings. It's almost orgasmic!

I ran into an old friend this weekend and was so happy to spread my happy news, imagine my surprise when she annouced she was expecting twins. I felt this momentary sadness. I have to say that while I am very content with one child, actually relieved, I still feel sadness over the loss of the other twin, and over the loss of that special status, I guess. I think that having twins would be too much for me to handle, but at the same time, it would have been really awesome, especially if it was one boy and one girl. But that is past and can't be changed. But I didn't tell her what happened because I didn't want to inject pity and sadness into our conversation.

I am 13 weeks this Thursday. Yeah for second trimester.

No comments: