Wednesday, October 15, 2008

You've got to be kidding me!

I needed an oil change and a tire rotation and I decided that today was the day. So I go to Jiffy Lube, but they don't carry my filter. I should preface this with I have always gone to the dealer even though it is not convenient mainly so they could deal with the warranty crap. So I head on down to the dealer.

Tony is my service manager and I have always gotten along with him. He gets the car taken back but he has to leave for a parent teacher conference. No biggie. So after a little over an hour they tell me the car is done. I go to pay and they want $110. What???? The lady can't tell me why so they call in the other service guy. I don't think this guy has been there long because he can't tell why either. He goes off to fix it. 30 minutes later he comes back and the bill is now $95. Still unacceptable. He doesn't know what is going on. They have charged me $52 for the oil change. Usually oil changes are $34. Finally, after 15 more minutes he gets it worked out to a more reasonable $62. That they charge $24 to rotate tires is criminal, but what are you going to do. I blame this all on Tony. He is not allowed to leave anymore when I am there.

No comments: