Saturday, February 17, 2007

Surgery soon

So it's been FOREVER since I have been on here. I guess I should just start thinking of this as a diary since no one ever comes here. I always feel like I have to watch what I say on Myspace since I have students as my friends.

Monday I go for my pre-op appointment, and I have to go register at the day surgery place and some other things. Then Wednesday is the laparoscopy. I guess I should back up a bit. I have a 4 cm cyst on my ovary and he suspects endometriosis. If the cyst is an endometrioma, then I have stage 3 endo already. I believe that he is going to clean up any endo that he sees and also wants to see what is causing the blockage on the left tube. I will be out of work for three straight days. Yuck! I can't decide what to tell the kids. So of them know that I am having surgery, but I don't know if I tell everyone if it will scare them, especially if I am not clear on what the surgery is for. I know that makes it sound like I think I am all that but some of them are attached to me like I am to them. That happens when you know them and teach them for so many years. Plus, if I tell them what I am out for, they MIGHT be more likely to behave. Who knows what I will do. I will decide on Tuesday.

I am happy that my biology grad class is done with macromolecules. I was swamped during that whole chapter. Now we are on cells parts and functions and I know that stuff. So I feel better about that. Now I just have to wathc 4 hours of biology, 2 hours of chemistry and 2 hours of math. Thrilling huh? Guess I should get off my lazy ass and start cleaning the house so I can get that done. Adios.

1 comment:

Karol said...

Lex -
I lurk here occaisonally to see whats going on with you, but there hadn't been any updates for a while. I don't have myspace, so I can't "stalk" you there. Just wondering how the surgery went...
Thinking of you!
Karol